RED SOS REFUGIADOS is a diverse organization whose board of directors is made up as follows:
- Chairwoman: FÁTIMA COLOMO SERRANO
- Deputy chairwoman: GREGORIO MARTÍN-BLAS SÁNCHEZ
- Secretary: ANE ARETXABALETA VÁZQUEZ
- Treasurer: MIKEL GONZÁLEZ PÉREZ
- Board member 1. ARÁNZAZU MENDÍVIL UCEDA
- Board member 2.: DIONISIO PAUL SÁEZ
- Board member 3.: EMILIA BAUTISTA OLMEDO
- Board member 4.: HELENA MIR HUGAS
- Board member 5.: ICIAR GARCÍA VARONA
- Board member 6.: JOSÉ AGUSTÍN MONLLOR SÁNCHEZ
- Board member 7.: MIGUEL ÁNGEL PRIETO HERRERA
- Board member 8.: MIKEL ÁLVAREZ RÚA
- Board member 9.: VÍCTOR GODINO OLMO
- Board member 10.: YOLANDA ECHEVARRÍA BERRUECO
- Board member 11.: MARÍA LOURDES MONDRIA SAEZ
- Board member 12.: ANA MARÍA LASHERAS GARÍN
The greatest strength of SOS are the groups that carry out collections and other activities throughout the region. These are some of the groups on which our operation depends. You can contact them directly and look for information in these links:
- Móstoles sin fronteras
- Plataforma Ciudadana Pro Refugiados del Alto Aragón
- Bienvenidas Refugiadas Huesca
- Bienvenidos Refugiados Voluntariados Grecia
- Etxebarri Con Siria
- Ayuda a refugiados en Zaragoza
- SOS Refugiados Ibiza
- Barrio La Guindalera (Madrid)
- Asamblea Tres Cantos
- SOS Refugiados Navalcarnero
- SOS Refugiados Barcelona
- SOS Refugiados Valencia
- Red Acogida Leganés
MANAGEMENT, COORDINATION AND LOGISTICS GROUPS
In charge of planning, controlling and evaluating the work of RED SOS REFUGIADOS and keeping the accounts. They take care of contacting and coordinating the different groups of collaborators, local associations and individuals from various Spanish cities who propose efforts to collect humanitarian aid in order to optimise the flow of supplies to Greece and make the most of the space in the containers that are prepared. They are also responsible for opening new help channels and maintaining contact with regular collaborators. They organize humanitarian shipments together with the SEUR Foundation (in Spain) and with various international transport companies and shipping companies. Once these arrive in Greece, other groups of volunteers distribute them among the refugees.
VOLUNTARY WORK, TRAINING AND DONATIONS
HEALTH WORKERS, TEACHERS, JURISTS, SOCIAL WORKERS
RED SOS REFUGIADOS has a list of contacts of different professionals who are willing to provide support to asylum seekers both in Greece and Spain. In addition, through the Rescue Group, some of these professionals provide assistance to refugees transiting from Syria to different European countries.
The RED SOS REFUGIADOS Platform advises the voluntary service which collects material to send to our friends in Syria and Greece, and provides information to those who prefer direct help in camps and squats. The volunteering service requires prior preparation to be effective. Several people are in charge of the essential search for donations to make it possible to send humanitarian aid from Spain.
COMMUNICATION AND AWARENESS GROUPS
SOCIAL NETWORKS, PRESS, TV, RELATIONS WITH INSTITUTIONS
These are in charge of informing and raising awareness through Facebook, Twitter, the Website, etc. Through these platforms, we try in real time to report the situation of refugees in Syria, Iraq, Turkey, Greece and the countries of the European Union through which refugees move.
MOBILISATIONS, AWARENESS-RAISING WORKSHOPS, MEETINGS, TALKS, DEBATES
We carry out awareness workshops in educational centres or places where we are requested to do so. We also collaborate in communication forums, radio programmes, talks at universities, etc., to bring the reality of refugees fleeing armed conflicts to the population.
We participate in demonstrations and marches in different places, at the request of volunteer groups or in coordination with European Refugee Platforms.